Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yummy Dinner

My friend is working on eating 6-8 cups of vegetables a day, among other diet changes. Though I've not been willing to jump all the way into her current diet when we aren't eating together, I have been challenged and inspired to include more vegetables in our diet, especially those that are not the high carb ones like carrots, peas and corn.

Tonight's dinner menu:
  • Hamburgers (and one veggie burger)
  • Whole Wheat Buns
  • Potatoes *
  • Brussel Sprouts *
  • Green Beans *
  • Slice Tomato * and Onion
  • Bread & Butter Pickles *

Five vegetables and one vegetable starch isn't too bad. Not everyone ate all 5, but everyone at least 4, I think.

* These vegetables came from the garden - so the meal was quite economical as well. I made the buns earlier in the week!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your so sweet to think of me when you prepare healthy dinners for your family, by the way if you eat too many celery sticks will you turn green? (I know people who eat too many carrots can turn orange).