Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We did a project!





Many of you know me personally know that I am not a project person when it comes to school. My boys aren't necessarily either which is why I'm not. If it takes a ton of motivation for me to get them to do a project, then I'm not sure what the point of doing it is!

Our first history book for this year was called Peoples of the World. The last couple of pages were lists of people groups, where they live, their language and their religion. We were supposed to spend a couple of days looking at some of them on the page. I decided that we would take it a bit further. So we got out all of the coins from around the world that we have collected over the years.

They picked a few and found the information about the country from the book as well as the capital from the map. (Our encyclopedia from 1960 failed us on some of those.) We adhered the coins and the country information and color coded the countries on a world map. The poster board that we used was given to us and there was much excitement to be able to us it for a worth while project.

A bonafied school project completed! We also are using this towards our Collecting Belt Loop in scouts. Extra credit for mom was a field trip to the rare coin shop in town to look at coins!

Now back to just reading books for awhile!

No comments: