Monday, December 22, 2008

and then there was one

Last September on this date I wrote a post about four people connected to me who were battling against cancer. In these last 15 months, three of them have went to be with the Lord. The fourth person unfortunately is in the hospital as I write this.

Cancer sucks. I hate that it takes away people from this earth too soon with such a physical assault on the body. Brittney was so young barely able to live any type of adult life, Gary wasn't able to see his first grandchild and Stef has left three young children with his wife to mourn him every Christmas. For each of these people, I was not close enough to be on the day to day details and progress of the disease. With Lisa, I have the privilege of being one of the many people to help serve her family. This Christmas will be really rough for them as well and who knows how many more will bring back these memories.

Our hope is in the Lord. I am comforted in knowing that all of these people did profess that Jesus was their savior and I will meet them in heaven one day! We can celebrate Christmas because He is the reason for the season! Jesus came to earth to be our savior for those who believe in him.

No comments: