Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Lovely 15 years

Not marriage yet, but years with my current employer! It was a month ago that I passed this milestone and at Cerner the longevity is reason for celebration. About the time of my anniversary I received an e-mail that asked if I wanted a surprise or if I wanted the details. Being that I like surprises, I passed along my husband's contact information.

He set Friday night at "the night" for the big event. I knew a little, but was excited about what the evening was to hold. My little guy runs in the house as I was getting ready and said your "Stop" was here. I still don't know what he meant, but this was waiting for me...

As I finished getting ready, the neighborhood kids were taken for a spin but then it was our turn. Next we to a friend's place. Before heading one we went into their house where I was presented with gifts from Cerner that my husband chose. My first gift was a new suitcase. I was in need a of a new one of those because the ball bearings on my current one are shot and the wheels are really loud!


My next gift was a major splurge! An Automatic Composter! Yes, we are gadget people and this is a green gadget!


We then went to Sybil's for dinner and had a lovely evening - a nice bottle of wine, spinach artichoke dip, gnocchi and peanut butter pie. There was enough time left on the limo that he even took the babysitter home in style.

I am very appreciative of my 15 years at Cerner. It's been a great career and afforded me experiences that I could not have imagined. It was a very nice evening to celebrate my anniversary!

No comments: