Monday, February 4, 2008

Training Again


April 6th is the next target for a 1/2 marathon! We are 11 weeks again and the training program that Becca arranged for us this time is 12 weeks long...Week 1 went well and starting on week 2 this week. Yard work today is my cross training as well as some riding bikes up and down the hill with the boys!

I'm looking forward to this training and hopefully getting a little faster. I am in much better shape training for this year's race than last year. We ran a 10K in April last year and that was a long race...this year I am running a 10K without too much effort. I am watning to try and make 2 hours this time.

As I officially start training again, my challenge this time is motivation. It's not motivation to actually get out and run, it's more of what is my motivation for getting out to run and is the time the best way to use my time for my family. I usually pick races to motivate me to exercise, but I'm starting to get to where running is more of my identity and that's not really what I want it to be. So, I'm trying hard not to set a goal that pushes running too high up on the priority list of life. If this is my personal time, is this what I should really be doing with my time and I shouldn't be asking my family for more just me time if I'm spending hours away from them running.

No comments: