Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday, 19th day of menu plan

Wow, I can't believe that it's been 19 days since I have menu planned!

Tonight's dinner is a combination stuff that was purchased for "sometime" or frozen for later and will come together tonight.


The meatballs were from a sale/coupon at Kroger at some point. We made vodka sauce (doctored from a jar) and froze what we didn't eat. The regular pasta was from some sale and the Gnocchi was given to me at some point. 

We are short on fresh vegetables because I've been trying to stay out of the grocery store, so I'll pull out a frozen one and maybe some 5 minute a day bread.

Looks like a pretty good meal for cleaning out the freezer/pantry!

Update on past days - 
Friday - we ended up eating leftover Tortilla Stew and did not make a new soup
Saturday - I didn't make a meal at all in the evening. We snacked through the day and my husband make pancakes in the morning
Sunday - For church we brought salad (from the neighbor), curried yellow split peas with potatoes and carrots with rice and cookies (which were both made by someone else but ended up at our house)
Monday - I gave my children the choice of Red Lentil Curry (on the menu) or potato curry soup and they chose potato curry. I had thawed a tenderloin and roasted it to go with the other vegetarian meals this week. (I had thought that we would eat this on Saturday, but didn't.)

I'm surprised at how some food supplies are lasting. The 10 pound bag of potatoes has now been used for multiple meals and there are still some there.

Yesterday the lack of left overs and some other convenience foods for lunch was evident, but no one went hungry! The pantry is definitely starting to look a little more bare which is good. The freezer still seems pretty full. We need to eat some more peaches. I need to not buy fresh fruit so we eat the peaches in the freezer and the applesauce in the pantry.

No comments: