Saturday, February 14, 2015

1 week post menu challenge

I declare the challenge a success!

So, we easily made it through the three weeks of the planned menu. Last week I was kind of bummed that I actually had to plan a menu again. I did a weeks worth and now I need to do that again. I think the longer range menu plan is worth the effort!

I have a few things that I will want to schedule into meals.
- Soup mix that was a Christmas gift - planned for tomorrow (Sunday) lunch. (I picked up some ground beef on sale and using homemade turkey broth instead of beef broth because that's what I have.)
- Wild Rice - after reading some recipes, I'm going to make some and add to one of our favorites - Cheddar Chowder
- Navy Beans - I will plan to make "picnic beans" soon

The freezer is still looking pretty full. I hate to plan frozen pizza unless I know it's going to be a crazy day. (If there's a plan, the less likely it will be crazy!)

The pantry is definitely looking emptier except for the baking corner. Baking challenge next?

Menu Plan
Sunday (15th) - Gift Soup, Salad, Banana Bread (from freezer)
Monday (16th) - Bean Burritos (pinto beans in frig)
Tuesday (17th) - Cheddar Chowder with Wild Rice
Wednesday (18th) - Chili with Meat (on the side) - will use black and garbanzo beans that i have in bulk
Thursday (19th) - Everyday Lentils with Naan (?attempt to make my own)
Friday (20th) - Spinach Artichoke Dip (spinach in freezer)
Saturday (21st) - Salmon Burgers, Balsamic Onions (cheap onions recently), Tater Tots, Lemon Cake (Mix)
Sunday (22nd) - Taquitos (freezer), stuffing (freezer)
Monday (23rd) - Mexican Spinach Lasagna
Tuesday (24th) - Pizza
Wednesday (25th) - Eggs
Thursday (26th) - Turkey (freezer), Green Bean Casserole, Potatoes
Friday (27th) - Fruit Salad for Spelling Bee Lunch, ?Dinner

No comments: