Thursday, November 11, 2010

Slowing down

I've had a great week so far this week! It's not been a typical week at all for me and one where I've had to slow way down, but it's been so good.

My fall has been really busy. Everything has been good, but just busy. I'm not sure what is going to change now going into winter, but I'm not concerned about that now.

This week I came to visit my friend who recently had a baby. I really don't remember life with a newborn. We can thank the Lord for that! The first few weeks with a tiny new creation is just a world in itself. The baby will be three weeks tomorrow. He still doesn't have his nights and days figured out. He's growing and doing well, but there isn't that much more that happens in the house except taking care of the baby.

For me, it's been a week of slowing down. I've had to really think about my priorities of what I do with my time because I do have time on my hands! My priorities this week have been encouragement and being available for whatever. I've washed dishes, done a little cooking and held a baby.

We have gotten out of the house every day. We've gone for a walk, went out to lunch, checked e-mail at Barnes & Noble, went to the Wednesday farmer's market and today was grocery shopping!

I go home in a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing my family. I'm going to miss my friends all over again. I'll be very well rested. My purpose of coming this week was to be a blessing to my friends, but I feel blessed to be able to spend this week with them. I can't remember a week where I've had the opportunity to do so little!

No comments: