Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How often does your smoke detector go off?

After a funny event this week, too many times would be the answer in my house.

My husbands alarm went off on his phone. It's not a sound that we are familiar with hearing and my husband didn't happen to be around his phone at the time. The boys and I start looking around.

I was trying to figure out what the sound was and I turn around and see my darling younger son looking around for something. It's an alarm sound but not terribly loud. I watch him procure a pot holder and begin waving it under the kitchen smoke detector. It was very cute to see this little four year old waving a pot holder not anywhere close enough to the smoke detector to make a difference...and to boot it wasn't the smoke detector that was making the noise!

Obviously from seeing his reaction to the noise by attempting to clear out the smoke detector, he's seen the drill enough times that it was his first reaction!

No comments: