Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Alaska Arrival

I need to go to bed, but thought I would add a blurb beforen the sun goes down, whenever that may be...

This afternoon I arrived safely in Anchorage, Alaska, making this the 46th state that I have visited in my lifetime. The trip was smooth sailing, but it was very apparent to me that the life of a road warrior is not where I need to be right now. I reminised about my days on the road and all of the great places that I have been blessed to go and experience. My realization though that this is the phase of my life where I am very fortunate and happy to focus much more on my family than a career.

Alaska has been very nice so far. I had a great dinner of seared fresh Ahi tuna at a place called Ginger. I walked along a wonderful trail in 60 degree temps (close to 100 at home today). Tomorrow I'm off on a train ride to Seward and everyone tells me that it's beautiful.

No comments: