Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Phelps County Fair

Last year I found out that there was an "Open" class at the county fair in the "Home Arts" section. I decided to enter a few of my things and I got ribbons for almost everything and some cash to boot!

This year three of us, the boys and I, entered over 30 items between cooking, gardening, horticulture, crafts, art and photography.

Here is a picture of my stash that I sent to the fair. (Thyme - 2in potted herb, zinnia, black-eyed susan, whole wheat bread, rolls, white bread, drop cookies, zucchini bread, and yellow tomatoes.)



I didn't get a picture of the boys projects, we had to get to the fair and then to baseball practice. They entered their banners that they created that I first blogged about here. They also baked cookies, entered some art projects, some flowers that they helped to grow and some photography. (Another post of their stuff...I didn't get a group shot done of their items beforehand.)

We are going to the fair on Saturday to enjoy the rides and maybe the Demolition Derby and pick up our ribbons and prize money!

No comments: