Friday, April 3, 2009

This is what a pound of bay leaves looks like

As I had posted earlier, I have been buying spices in bulk and today I picked up my order for a pound of bay leaves...I had no idea how many bay leaves make up a pound, but here's a picture compared to my Joy of Cooking book. 



If anyone would like any, you may buy some off of me for $1.00/ounce let me know. An ounce of leaves would be too big to fit into snack bag. I think most things that simmer in my house will be getting some bay leaf flavor! (I bought some ground cloves too if you need to fill your spice cabinet with that. I did price that out at the grocery store and buying a pound of them is 1/4 the price of buying the small jar at the store. I use it for pumpkin bread which is selling quite well for me.)

No comments: