Thursday, October 30, 2008

Contentment

I'm learning a lot about contentment right now and my boys are very much helping me in the process. It's time for me to be a stay at home mom and not pursue a career. The Apostle Paul says, "I have learned to be content in all circumstances..." I'm trying to have that decree as well.

As I'm learning to the content, a new word has entered our house "boring". For some reason this addition to the vocabulary has bothered me a great amount and is something that I don't really care to hear at all. I believe that you can be bored in any situation if you want to be bored. I realize that there are times when events are not exciting or don't do it for you. But, life is what you make it and you can learn to enjoy about anything if you put your mind to it. Oh, you can enjoy it AND be properly behaved! I don't know that I have equipped my children to verbalize and discuss better those times when they are "bored" but we'll work on that.

It's always good to bring a book too!

No comments: