Friday, September 28, 2007

What to do with myself?

I'm having my first experience of being the "stay at home" parents where I don't have to parent all of the time! The boy's Aunt Jenny came on Sunday and asked if she could leave with the boys in the morning for almost two weeks. She had been talking about taking them on a trip but we thought it would be later in the month.

Of course this has been a week where Todd was overwhelmed with tests and homework so he hasn't had a ton of time to spend with me. It really is amazing how much more time I have on my hands without little boys around. I'm so not motivated to get anything done though! I miss them but I know that they are having a great time and it's good for me to have a little down time too. The living room has been clean for days and I haven't cleaned the kitchen counter a half dozen times a day.

I will be happy to have them back, being without them really makes me realize just how much a part of my life that they are. It also makes me realize how much joy they bring to me as well.

No comments: