Thursday, September 27, 2018

Module 3 Atomic Structure

In Module three, the math about wave lengths and frequency has us working with dividing scientific notation. I wanted to make sure that I had my math facts correct for that. I thought this video helped sum up the refresher that I needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbcua9twIRc


I have been following along on the tests as I've prepared for class to make sure that the material is covered appropriately. For this test, I felt that one of the questions about the Rutherford experiment was not as clear in the text as it could have been. Rutherford discovered protons - this is mentioned in the text prior to his experiment being discussed. The discussion on the experiment focused around protons being in a nucleus. The test question asked about the experiment but didn't mention nucleus only that he discovered protons.

I did contact the publisher and they gave me links to back up that Rutherford discovered protons. I'm not disputing that, I just don't like the wording of the question based on the text that was presented. I will make sure I emphasize in class today that Rutherford's EXPERIMENT is how he discovered protons.

No comments: