Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Good Table Sauce & Crust Mix Review

The other day I realized that there was an Ibotta rebate and I had a coupon for The Good Table Sauce & Crust Mix. I checked it out in the aisle with the bread crumbs. I appreciated that they are trying to make a wholesome and convenient product.
Parmesan & Herb
The package wasn't on sale at my Kroger, but with a coupon and rebate, I thought it was worth a try. I selected the Parmesan and Herb flavor. The website features four flavors but I'm pretty sure that my store didn't have all of the flavors on the shelf. 

So the grocery store price was 2.99. I had a .75 e-coupon and Ibotta also featured a .75 rebate.

I had thawed two large boneless skinless chicken breasts that I had purchased from Zaycon Fresh. The package says that it's for 3 to 4 chicken breasts, but there were pretty big breasts so I figured two would be good. I did use most of the sauce and bread crumbs on these two very large breasts.

The package directions were very clear and I had chicken in the oven coated in a sauce and then bread crumbs very quickly. 

My family was very pleased with the smells wafting from the oven and were anxious to try it!

High remarks from the chicken lovers of the family! The comment though was that it tasted a lot like a tilapia recipe that we make from AllRecipes.com. (We will add bread crumbs to the original recipe.)

Without the great deal, I don't know that I will purchase The Good Table Sauce & Crust Mix again, at least not in Parmesan and Herb flavor. I appreciate the idea of adapting a current recipe to use with chicken. I like using the recipe because I tend to have those pantry staples on hand already.

With a coupon and rebate again, I may try another flavor. Who knows, we may even try it on fish instead of chicken!

*Referral links...some of the links are referral links that if you sign-up under those links, I may receive a bonus from that company. I was not asked or given any compensation by The Good Table for this review.

No comments: