Monday, January 19, 2009

Sickness without TV

This weekend I had a new challenge! I came down with some flu symptoms and was in bed for close to a day. What's a person to do in bed when they aren't feeling well? My entire life, I watched TV in this situation. Well, we don't have any TV reception!

So, what did I do? I read and when I was too tired to read, I actually went to sleep. Sleeping is what I should be doing anyway, right? I could have watched a movie or brought up something on the Internet from one of our laptops, but I was content with my other activities. I may have made myself get out of bed a little faster too because I wasn't being sucked into more and more TV shows!

Yes, we can survive without TV reception though I would have enjoyed watching the football games yesterday. If we were all well then we probably would have sought out someone watching the game...but didn't wish to infect any other households.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

We don't have TV right now either and we love it! There's no temptation waste time "seeing what's on." We've watched several movies lately, but that's even so much better because there's no time wasted waiting for it to start and no temptation to stick around when it ends.