Thursday, December 20, 2007

Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room

I'm bustling tonight getting ready to leave tomorrow for our Christmas weekend events with my side of the family. There seems like so much to do, and I'm starting to get a little frazzled by it, but a line from "Joy to the World" has been rolling around in my head this Christmas season so I'm ready to take a breather and dump it out.

Joy to the World, the Lord is Come. Let Earth receive her King. Let every heart prepare HIM room...and heaven and nature sing...

My prayer for everyone this Christmas season is that each of you reading this message would prepare some room in your heart for Jesus. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus which is the start of his earthly live. The end result of his earthly life, death and reserection, means that those who believe and trust in him will be with him for eternity.

I don't think about eternity much, I've never been one to have a good focus on a real long term goal. Instead, I think about how making room for Jesus in my heart and trying to prepare more room for Him this Christmas season means to me everyday. Knowing that I can trust Jesus and put my faith in him, means that I don't need to worry about Cerner laying me off. I don't need to worry about Todd getting a job when he's done with school. I don't need to worry if I am doing enough for school for the boys or any of the other millions of things that I can worry about. I put my faith in Him because he has promised to always be there for me. He wants what is best for me as a child of his and how I can relate wanting the best for my children.

Please prepare some room in your heart this Christmas season and see how you can be blessed by Jesus being there.

No comments: