Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A meal that only my kids would eat!

As most of you know, my children are known to eat foods that most of their peers probably would not touch! As we are finishing up tonight's meal, I thought I would share the wonderful meal that I prepared and was eaten with great anticipation. Tonight they wolfed down the following:

Emu Steaks (crockpotted with cream of mushroom soup)
Harvard Beets
Lima Beans
Mashed Potatoes
Frozen peas straight out of the bag

We are having a clean out the freezer week in preparation for Thanksgiving. The emu was gifted to us with our free freezer upon our move and it was time for it to be eaten (by the rest of the family - not me). The rest of the things are actual normal foods that get eaten at our house. But, I realized that it was a combination that may result in a battle of wills over the dinner table at other people's houses. JL is having the hardest time with the mashed potatoes actually - only my kids would have an issue with mashed potatoes and not the three vegetables that were served!

I hope that you had a very enjoyable meal tonight (last night) whatever it happened to be.

No comments: